A History of Opera: Milestones and Metamorphoses
- Revised 2005 and includes new chapters on “Impressionism” and “Expressionism”.
- A 432-page comprehensive history of modern opera, from the Camerata innovations to Minimalism and contemporary opera:
- What are the historic milestones?
- Who were the innovators?
- How did their innovation affect the future of opera?
- 18 Milestone operas are featured and analyzed, including Story Narrative of the operas and over 300 music examples.
Download PDF, Physical Book